One Hot Minute with BMX Champ Kurt Pickard
New Zealands' Kurt Pickard is taking the BMX Racing world by storm . Currently ranked number one in NZ the 19-year-old has won 12 National titles! KP is focusing on hard core training in preparation for blitzing the 2012 London Olympics. We asked this young gun of the BMX world a few questions.
FULL NAME: Kurt Pickard
ATHELETIC DISIPLINE: BMX racing
TEAM: New Zealand High Performance Team, New Zealand Elite Mens Champion (2010)
1. Favourite Type of Training: My favourite training day is the hardest day, usually the leg workout, squats etc. I love the pain!
2. Top Pump-Up Song: Jump Around by House of Pain
3. If I Wasn't An Athlete I'd Be: In the SAS, NZ army
4. Biggest Vice: iphone applications
5. Currently Looking Forward To: Travelling around the world this year to qualify for the 2012 Olympics. And Modern Family at 7 o'clock!
6. Best Advice You Have Ever Received: Have fun!